Friday 4 July 2014

BREATHLESS

A breath of fresh air,
poured into the room,
I breathed it in and,
instantly I was consumed.

I knew nothing of logic,
only feelings,
I knew nothing of rationality,
only passion.



I recalled,
just how toxic love can be,
And the times,
I was deceived by its acid rain.

Yet this time,
I feel renewed,
And this time,
I know of nothing,
nothing, but you.

The truth is ill tell myself,
I don’t like you
And I’ll force myself,
to stop thinking about you
I poison my mind,
with harmful phrases:

“She doesn't care about you”
“She doesn't think about you”
“She doesn't want you”
“She doesn't need you”

But the truth is,
every time I see you,
My stomach burns,
My face gets hot,
And I can’t seem to get enough air.

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooooooo impressed I dint know you are into poetry! I liiiikkkeeee!!!

    ReplyDelete