Monday 16 February 2015

MORE THAN LOVE

When we first met I thought,
That you were beautiful.
But then I spoke to you,
And that is when I found,
Your personality,
Your loving, caring soul
Is more beautiful than
A crisp winter sunrise.

Hooked on every quaint word,
Passion fell from your lips,
Yearning to understand,
Enticing mind and soul,
And there I fell.

Into an unfortunate state of love sickness.
You will not leave my thoughts,
May it be day or night,
Slamming on my mind’s door,
Preventing me from sleep,
And when I fall asleep,
You’re there within my dreams.

But I don’t mind at all.
For every time I see you
My stomach flips ten-fold,
Butterflies flutter by,
And then I fall again.

But it hurts when you’re not here,
And I can’t hold you close,
Play with your gorgeous hair,
Kiss your luscious, soft lips,
Gaze at your brown eyes,
That every time gaze back in the same way.

Your smile has many smiles,
Your cheeky, tight-lipped smirk,
Your radiant, laughing smile,
Your charming, knowing smile,
These I appreciate,
And then I fall again.

When absent for a while
I start to persuade myself,
That I will be just fine!
But then I see you there,
And love hits like a crashing wave,
I struggle to hold back,
My longing to tell you,
That I have never felt this way,
Never so in love,
Never found someone so infuriating yet,
Never wanted to be apart.
Never have I felt,
Such a desire to protect,
And look after someone,
As badly as I want to protect and look after you.

Like a wolf for his family,
I’d give everything I have for you.
For you to look at me,
With the same desire,
The same burning passion,
That will not stop raging,
Within my heart.
Happy Valentine’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment